Scientific Software QA Manager Or Director
Scilligence’s informatics solutions enhance knowledge sharing and productivity of researchers in the discovery and development of small molecule and biologics therapeutics. Our applications are specifically designed to minimize IT footprints and require no client-side installation. Designed by scientists for scientists our Ph.D. biologists and chemists work closely with software engineers to develop a wide range of informatics products.
The Director of Quality Assurance is a key member of the development team reporting directly to the President of R&D. This person will oversee all QA functions, work with cross-departmental leadership to deliver high quality products on schedule.
This role requires the person to lead a globally dispersed team, develop and drive methodologies & processes, and work across teams to define and manage the overall quality of Scilligence’s product suite.
- Manage major and minor software releases
- Participate in the design, development, testing, and delivery of Scilligence products
- Work closely with the Associate Director of QA to evolve and execute the team’s overall test strategy, including identifying and implementing process improvements to advance the team’s QA approach.
- Develop and implement automation in the team’s build-and-test process.
- Optimize the QA work of the team by helping to guide and strategize day-to-day tasks.
- Work with stakeholders to align testing with customer needs.
- Development of test cases, scenarios, plans and reporting in an Agile development environment.
- Develop, run, and report on the results of automated UI tests.
- Monitor unit test results from nightly builds.
- Write up detailed reproducible bug reports and work with developers towards bug resolution.
- Follow the Software Development Life Cycle from design through implementation.
- Work as part of team in an Agile Development Process.
- Bachelor’s degree and software QA experience
- Bachelor’s, master’s or PhD in the life sciences: chemistry, biology, or pharmaceutical-related
- Basic understanding of software development
- Strong communication skills
- Basic understanding of the life science and drug discovery fields
- Experience with GxP system
- Twelve or more years of experience in SQA work for professional software, with leadership and collaboration experience.
- Experience with bug tracking software.
- Ability to work with UI test automation tools.
- Ability to work with test case management software.
- Experience in an Agile Scrum team.
- Experience with testing in a Microsoft C# .NET environment.
- Able to solve problems as an individual and within a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated, energetic, and results-driven, with excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Experience with Azure DevOps and Test Manager.
- Experience with Squish for test automation.
- Hands-on experience with instruments or imaging technology.
- Experience with defining SQA processes or leadership
Work remotely or in our Cambridge, MA office.