Pre-Sales Application Scientist
The Pre-Sales Application Scientist is a vital member of the Scilligence Support team focusing on pre-sales support. The Pre-Sales Application Scientist will work closely with the sales team providing technical knowledge of the Scilligence Platform.
- Become expert in the Out-Of-Box Scilligence informatics platform capabilities so as to successfully demonstrate the platform.
- Become familiar with customization capabilities so as to suggest adaption of the Scilligence products to support customer needs.
- Understand and analyze technical needs of new customers.
- Document customer requirements, and prepare and conduct technical demonstrations of Scilligence software based on the requirements.
- Coordinate demonstrations with customers and internal teams.
- Document customer feedback with the goal of improving the software platform
- Work with internal teams (including QA, Post-Sales Support, Developers) to improve Scilligence software.
- Aid the sales team in following up with new customers.
- Aid the support team in setting up evaluation websites, conducting customer trainings, and Q&A meetings.
- Use internal project tracking software to track customer requirements and issues.
- Travel to customer sites independently or with internal team as necessary.
Other ad hoc Duties Where Necessary Such As:
- Keep internal teams informed of issues and assist to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Work with the support team on any customizations required for Proof-Of-Concept Projects.
- Work with the marketing team to relay customer feedback to aid in developing marketing materials.
- BSc, MSc, or Ph.D. in Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, or relevant field.
- 2+ years relevant experience. Salary commensurate with education and work experience.
- Experience working with cloud-based software and informatics solutions.
- Experience working in life science research.
- Experience working in support of lab/scientific applications and/or customer service.
Who You Are:
- Excellent customer-facing, communication skills with experience giving technical presentations or trainings to scientific audiences.
- Have initiative to learn whatever is needed in order to complete tasks.
- Highly organized, and results-focused, with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Excellent at time management and Able to prioritize tasks. Detail-oriented.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work collaboratively and productively in a global, multi-cultural environment.
- Creative in inspiring customer loyalty, solving problems, and contributing to best practices.
Scilligence is a leading innovator of cross-platform and mobile cheminformatics/bioinformatics solutions. Its informatics tools have been widely adopted by pharmaceutical, biotech, and chemical industries, universities, research institutes, and government agencies.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: MA